Quality for People Serious about Food
Mr. Ferron opens his first distribution centre and a grocery store in Sorel-Tracy.
The Ferron family moves to a house on Papineau Street in Montreal and establishes the
company Pêcheries Norref, which eventually becomes Quebec’s largest fish and seafood
Groupe Alimentaire Ferron expands: it now consists of two distribution centres, a
processing plant and seven Odessa Poissonnier fish markets.
Our new division, Nepco, located on Papineau Street, adds a meat and poultry component
to the family business.
Le Groupe Ferron sells Les Pêcheries Norref to focus on expanding its other food divisions including Nepco.
A 3rd generation of Ferrons joins the team!
To consolidate our role as a leading distributor by providing quality meats, fish and seafood as part of our personalized service for food specialists in Montreal and surrounding areas.
To share our family business expertise and passion in a warm and friendly environment by providing an experience where comprehensive support builds a relationship of trust.
Our traceability system allows us to track and trace products every step of the way. Nepco guarantees better merchandise control up to receipt by the customer.
How does our traceability system work?
- Arrival of merchandise at the receiving dock from certified partners.
- Qualitative (hygiene and packaging) and quantitative (palletization) validation of the merchandise by the receiver responsible for control and quality.
- Receipt and entry of product data into the computer system:
- Date of receipt
- Production date
- Expiry date
- Quantity received
- Assignment of a barcode linked to the production batch: the product gets its first traceability code, which is immediately linked to Nepco’s IT system.
- Processing and custom cuts: products are cut and packaged according to customers’ needs, keeping their initial batch code. As such, every gram of product that undergoes processing is tracked. At the end of the process, a Nepco sticker detailing all the steps is affixed to the package.
- Delivery and traceability to the consumer’s plate: during order processing, the merchandise is scanned, removed from inventory, then directly associated with the customer’s transaction history for future traceability. As such, in case of a return or questions regarding the origin of a product, Nepco can always guarantee traceability. This ensures that our customers have accurate information about the products they buy from us.